Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chewies
Recipe from, Eating Well Magazine
1 cup organic chunky natural peanut butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3 Tb. plain yogurt
1 Tb. vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup Sunspire peanut butter chips
1/4 cup turbinado sugar (see note)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat peanut butter, canola oil and sugars together on medium with an electric mixer until blended. Beat in eggs, yogurt and vanilla until combined.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, oats, baking soda and salt until well combined.
4. With the mixer on low, gradually mix the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
5. With a rounded tablespoon, place dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Dip the bottom of a glass in water and then in the turbinado sugar. Slightly flatten each cookie with the bottom of the glass, re wetting the glass as needed.
7. Bake until the tops appear cracked and they are just set (about 8-10 minutes). Don't over cook or they will become dry. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.