Sunday, January 24, 2010

Easy Crepes

From the first time I ever had a crepe, I was in love. They are so versatile, so easy and oh so good! I have never actually made them myself until last week. I saw a recipe that looked easy and I gave it a shot. I am SO glad I did! I didn't need a fancy crepe pan or anything else, just my day to day non stick skillet and a spatula.

You are on your own for the fillings, as the options are limitless, but here are a few ideas I have tried in the past:
Savory:
1) Sauteed Spinach and Swiss cheese, or Havarti.
2) Sauteed leeks and shredded Brussels sprouts
3) Sauteed mushrooms, with scrambled eggs and cheese
Sweet:
1) Sliced bananas, peanut butter, and a few chocolate chips thrown in (heaven).
2) Fresh lemon juice with a dusting of powdered sugar
3) Warm berries and whipped cream
4) Nutella and any fruit (strawberries and bananas are pretty awesome though)

Easy Crepes
Recipe taken from parentclick.com (Jennifer from Santa Barbara)
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of butter
3 eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla
a pinch of salt

In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly.

Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.

Heat crepe pan or 7-8 inch skillet over medium heat. (NOTE: A few drops of water will bounce when heat is just right.)

Grease pan lightly.

Pour about 3 tablespoons batter into pan, tilting pan to spread evenly.

When crepe is light brown and set, turn over in pan.

Repeat with remaining batter to make about 14 crepes, stack cooked crepes.

Sprinkle crepes with powdered sugar and/or Jam. Or fill crepes with desired filling. Enjoy!!

NOTE: Batter may be covered and refrigerated up to 2 hours or cooked immediately. Cooked Crepes can be wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment