Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garbanzo Burgers

Once again, it was 5:30 and I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner for Owen and I tonight. I went to my trusty www.weelicious.com site and made these awesome garbanzo burgers in no time. We were out of avocados, so I served it along steamed beets, sauteed beet greens, and topped our burgers with diced cucumbers in plain yogurt and lemon. Delicious, and Owen ate every bite! I made them a few months ago and really liked it, but never got around to posting the recipe. They were good enough to repeat, so here it is!

Garbanzo Burgers
Recipe from, www.Weelicious.com
1 15 Oz. Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Small Carrot, chopped
1 Garlic Clove
1 Small Onion, chopped
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs (I used whole grain)
2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Oil
*You can place these on buns, although I didn't this time.

1. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
2. Place garbanzo bean mixture in a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
3. Place 1/4 cup of mixture in your hands and form into patties (I used an ice cream scooper to portion the patties-mixture will be moist).
4. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
5. Cook the patties for 5 minutes.
6. Turn the patties, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment