Monday, November 16, 2009

Mamma's Spiced Oatmeal

We just had the best bowl of oatmeal EVER this morning! I wasn't planning on blogging about it, but it was that good! Owen asked for oatmeal for breakfast, so I thought I would do it a little different today. I have made it 100's of times with bannana's and peanutbutter, or yogurt and blueberries, or applesauce and almond butter, which are all very good, but today had a fall flair to it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Owen said "MMMMMMM" after every bite, I am not kidding!

Mamma's Spiced Oatmeal
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup water
3/4 cup spiced apple cider
dried cranberries
raisins
sliced almonds
1 apple, cored and diced
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 Tb. wheat germ

Directions:
Place all ingredients except the apple sauce and wheat germ in a small pot over medium heat. Stirring occassionally. When cooked to the consistancy you like, take off the heat and mix in the apple sauce. Sprinkle with wheat germ and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment