This is probably the healthiest, yet best tasting turkey meat loaf I have had yet. I only cook chicken or turkey maybe once or twice every month, so when I do make it, I am always impressed when it actually turns out. My dear meat eating husband, Adam LOVED this recipe and asked me to post this one on the blog, so here it is.
Mini Turkey Meat Loaves
Recipe adapted from, Weelicious.com
1/2 Cup Spinach, (thawed and drained if using frozen) chopped
1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Red and or yellow Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup Baby Carrots, chopped
1 Egg, beaten
1 Garlic Clove
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 pinch dried Rosemary
1 pinch dried Thyme
1 tsp. dried Basil
*1/2 Cup soft Bread Crumbs (I put a slice of whole wheat sourdough in the food processor to make mine) * To make this gluten free, you can replace the bread crumbs with ground rolled oats instead.
1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese, white or orange, shredded
1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
1.25 Lb. Ground Turkey (93% lean ground meat)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a nonstick muffin tin with vegetable oil cooking spray or grease with oil.
3. Place all of the ingredients, except the turkey, in a food processor and pulse until everything is combined and the vegetables are in tiny pieces.
4. Place the ground turkey and vegetable mixture in a bowl and thoroughly combine (using your hands is the easiest way to do it).
5. Place meatloaf mixture in the muffin pans and pack down with a spoon.
6. Bake until the mini turkey loaves are cooked through or an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees F, about 40-50 minutes.
7. Cool and serve. We topped ours with organic ketchup, but is not necessary as this is really flavorful. Roasted and herbed Brussel sprouts and new potatoes were a nice side dish to this hearty meal.
#437281 - Lemon Coconut Bars Recipe
1 day ago