I have made lots of different pestos in the past and all have been good. However, this one is really good AND less expensive than the regular version with pine nuts. It's an easy healthy meal that everyone will enjoy. I toss frozen peas and fresh broccoli in the pasta water at the end of cooking the pasta before adding the pesto. Owen loves this for his school lunch as well. The container always comes home empty when I give him this. :)
Pumpkin Seed Pesto (Makes about 1/2 cup)
recipe from www.weelicious.com
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (pepitas), hulled
1/4 Cup Parmesan
1 Garlic Clove
1 Cup Cilantro, Parsley or Basil
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
1. If using raw (green) pumpkin seeds, place them on a baking sheet and toast for 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until golden. If using toasted/roasted pumpkin seeds you can skip this step.
2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Serve on pasta, fish, chicken or a spread on sandwiches.
* For a dairy free version use 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and 1/2 cup olive oil (instead of 1/3 cup).
* To freeze, place in ice cube trays or baby food cubes and freeze for up to 3 months
#437306 - Chicken Kofta Kebabs Recipe
2 hours ago