Monday, September 7, 2009

Mini Frittatas Your Way

I found the best food blog yet! It's called Weelicous, and it's filled with yummy and nutritious baby and toddler recipes. These are all recipes that I have made before, or will definitely be making in the near future. For those Mom's out there who want to check it out, here is the website: http://www.weelicious.com/ I am just too excited to not share that bit of info!

On this site I saw vegetable frittatas made in mini muffin tins for toddlers. What a GREAT idea! I don't have a mini muffin tin, but my son eats way more than just a mini muffin or two anyway, so regular muffin tins it is! This recipe was SO easy and fast, I am planning on serving many brunches in the future with this new idea.
Eggs are a great way for me to get lots of veggies in Owen in the morning. With this recipe, you can put in whatever you like, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, olives, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, etc... you get the idea. Since I had lots of ratatouille left over from last nights dinner, I just threw that in with the eggs and added some feta cheese and thyme. 20 minutes later, voila, breakfast is served!
Mini Frittatas Your Way
6 Large Eggs
3 Tbsp Milk
3 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme or basil (or any herb of your choice), use less if it's dried
1 cup chopped vegetables, cooked or raw. (I used left over ratatouille)
1/4- 1/3 cup grated cheese of choice, (I used feta)
Directions
1. Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
2. Spray or grease mini muffin tins with oil or butter.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the cheese, tomatoes and vegetables.
4. Spoon egg/vegetable mixture into each muffin cup, filling 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Cool and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment