Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Easy Veggie Casserole

I had a ton of left overs from the millet and veggie dinner I made the other night. I must have been made to have a big family, because I have a hard time making a normal amount of food for my family! Since my husband is one of three boys, he never felt like he got enough, so he is happy to fill his belly to his hearts content in my kitchen. As Owen starts to grow up, I am sure my large amount of food will get smaller and smaller as he eats more and more!

To finish the left overs without reheating the same thing over and over again, I decided to get a little creative and found a great dish that even Adam (who does not like to cook) could make in no time! I used 2 cups of my left over grains and veggies, but feel free to use brown rice, quinoa, or whatever you have that needs using up! This meal tastes a lot like, but even better than quiche in my opinion.

Recipe Adapted from http://www.weelicious.com/

Veggie Casserole

1 Cup Milk
2 Eggs, whisked
1 Cup Broccoli, chopped and cooked (can use frozen)
1 Cup cooked chopped veggies (can be frozen mixed, or left overs, I used, Brussel sprouts, bell peppers, and zucchini)
2 Cups Brown Rice or millet, cooked (or any left over cooked grain you have)
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded (I used pepper jack, use any cheese you like)

1. Preheat oven the 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until combined.
3. Add the veggies, rice and cheese and stir to combine.
4. Grease in a casserole dish and pour in the mixture.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your casserole dish.
6. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment