Lately my muffins have been on the dense side and have tossed them after a few days when even Owen won't eat more than 2 bites of them (I don't post those recipes : ). But THESE muffins were absolutely perfect! Light, airy, sweet, but not overly sweet and FULL of fresh strawberries. I made 1 dozen and they were all gone the next day! Please do yourself and your family a favor and make these muffins!
Strawberry Muffins (Makes 12 Muffins)
Recipe from www.weelicious.com
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup Milk (low fat or whole cow’s milk, almond, rice or soy milk will work)
1/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Honey or Agave Nectar (I used a 1/4 cup of each)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1 1/2 Cups Strawberries, chopped (I added 1/2 cup more and did not regret it)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and add milk, oil, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest and stir.
4. Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until incorporated (try not to over mix the batter).
5. Add the strawberries to the batter and slowly combine.
6. Line or grease muffin tins and fill 2/3 of the way with batter.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
8. Cool and serve.