Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

These are yummy! Soft and chewy, and they stay that way for several days! I was going to make chocolate chip cookies again, since they were soo good and I gave most of them away for Father's day, but I decided I should add oats and make my next batch a little bit healthier : ) Fortunately I gave a lot of these away to my Mom for watching Owen, and my friend who just had a baby, so I can't eat them all! (Because I really could!)

Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe from Canyon Ranch, Nourish cookbook
4 Tb. (1/2 stick) butter
⅓ C low fat cream cheese
1 C brown sugar
1 egg yolks
¾ tsp vanilla extract
¾ C all-purpose flour
1½ C rolled oats
¾ tsp aluminum free baking powder
¾ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
½ C raisins and or dried cranberries (I used a little of both)
1/4 C chocolate chips (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat baking sheet with canola oil spray or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix briefly. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix until all dry ingredients are moistened. Portion heaping teaspoonfuls of dough, about ¼ ounce, onto baking sheet about 1½ inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten with finger. Rotate baking sheet and bake for another 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment