Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apple Pie Cookies


Last week, I made pumpkin cookies and Apple pie. This week I made apple cookies and pumpkin pie. I love fall! I think it is my favorite season, correction, I KNOW it's my favorite season! I have been bit by the "pre-thanksgiving" baking bug lately and can't seem to stop, even if I start at 10 or 11 PM! Am I crazy? Don't answer that.
I am always looking for new recipes to use up all the produce we continue to have in our house. Right now I have a ton of pears and figs, so keep your eyes peeled for a pear/fig recipe soon! These cookies are slightly cake like (just like the pumpkin cookies, which stayed fresh and soft all week). The apples keep them super moist. They are like little autumn cookies, just my style.

Apple Pie Cookies
Recipe adapted by www.bakingbites.com

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 cups diced fresh apples (2 medium)
3/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and maple syrup. With the mixer on low speed, gradually blend in the flour mixture. Once all flour has been incorporated, stir in apples, cranberries and pecans. Drop by large tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until cookies are browned around the edges. Cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes about 28 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment