Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Lately I have been moderately feeding my sweet tooth, but have not quite been satisfied with my options. Tonight it was time to answer the little voice in my head begging for some good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. I have a fantastic recipe that I have made many times from my Canyon Ranch, Nourish cookbook. They are slightly crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. I wish I could tell you that they keep well for days, but they don't last that long in my house when I make them. They are THAT good!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Canyon Ranch, Nourish

4 Tb. unsalted butter, cold
1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese, cold
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
3/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
One (6 oz.) packge semisweet chocolate chips ( I accidentally used the whole bag, 12 oz. Not a bad mistake : )

Preheat oven to 350

With an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar. Turn the mixer to low and add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined.

Combine the flours, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Add to the butter mixture and mix by hand until combined.

Drop rounded heaping teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.

Bake for 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with a fork. Rotate the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 3 minutes more, or until golden. Cool on on a baking sheet until the cookies are set.

Transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled. Store in a tightly sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment